|You are reading the page dedicated to the Poppy.Computer song. You may have been wanting to read about the character.|
"Computer Boy" is a song by Poppy.
The song was released May 19th, 2017 and currently has over 10 million views, making it the second most-viewed video on her YouTube channel and most-viewed music video on her channel. It served as the second single from her debut album "Poppy.Computer" and is the sixth track on the album.
This song is about Poppy falling in love with someone from the internet, who she dubs "Computer Boy". As their relationship continues, Poppy becomes more and more addicted to him, hence the line, "Can't go a day without Computer Boy". She grows extremely attached to him, as he becomes the only thing that makes Poppy happy. She begs him to never leave her side hoping to never leave this delusion of happiness.
- The full song was released on Spotify before its official release date.
- Poppy uploaded a video titled "COMPUTER BOY IS COMING", teasing the song a week before it was released. However, it was made unlisted after the song was released.
- In an interview with Zach Sang, Poppy explained the meaning behind the lyric "I want your floppy disk to be my hard drive". She stated that the lyric came from the heart and that it actually refers to memory. "You need memory to remember things", Poppy said. In response to further comments from the interviewer, she noted that while a floppy disk is temporary, a hard drive is permanent.
- In an interview with Circa, Poppy stated that her handlers won't allow her to be dating anyone of any gender, and that They took Computer Boy away from her when she fell in love with him.
- The official instrumental was leaked in November of 2017.