"I'm Poppy" is a song by Poppy.
It was originally going to be released on the 31st of January, however it was delayed. On January 31st, Charlotte, a recurring character on Poppy's channel, "leaked" a snippet of the song in the video "I Have Poppy's New Song". Poppy is heard in the background exclaiming: "Charlotte, why are you doing this? They told me I couldn’t release it today!". The date was then moved to February 14th.
It served as the first single to her album "Poppy.Computer" and is the first track of the album.
This song is an introduction to Poppy and what it is like in her world. The lyrics tell the listener how to be like her and how everyone is happy watching her YouTube videos on the internet.
- When this song was released, "That Poppy" was one of the most searched artists on iTunes.
- The song leaked on SoundCloud a day before its release.
- This song was one of the songs requested to be played at Apple's WWDC 2017.
- The official version is about 52 seconds longer than the version posted on Poppy's YouTube channel.
- An alternate title for this song is "That Poppy".
- This was the last song ever released under Poppy's previous stage name "That Poppy".
- However, it was later re-released on her debut album under her current name, "Poppy".
- The single artwork for the song is likely taken from the video "I Like Magic", as Poppy wears the same outfit and hairstyle from the video.
- The lyric video currently has 6.1 million views.