|You are reading the page dedicated to the debut album by Poppy. You may have been wanting to read about the Poppy video of the same name.|
"Poppy.Computer" is the debut studio album by Poppy.
Background and Conception
On May 6th, 2017, Poppy released a tweet stating "Album one is done", confirming that the first album is finished. On that same tweet Poppy also confirmed that there will be a tour to promote the album and that she knows when the album will be released. When asked by a fan if she could release the album herself she stated that "There's too much fun to be had from now to then." After being interviewed for an article with the Wired, the website accidentally leaked the release date of Poppy's album as October 6th, 2017, which was also the 6-year anniversary of the creation of Poppy's YouTube channel.
All songs were written and originally played on an acoustic guitar. They were later recorded in a studio and ended up on the album.
On September 8th, 2017, Poppy officially announced her debut album in the video "Poppy.Computer". It was released on October 6th, 2017.
|1.||"I'm Poppy"||Poppy||Ryosuke Sakai||3:06|
|2.||"Let's Make A Video"||Poppy||Ryosuke Sakai||2:51|
|3.||"Bleach Blonde Baby"||Poppy||Ryosuke Sakai||3:29|
|4.||"My Microphone"||Poppy||Ryosuke Sakai||2:51|
|5.||"Moshi Moshi"||Poppy||Ryosuke Sakai||3:41|
|6.||"Computer Boy"||Poppy||Ryosuke Sakai||2:51|
|7.||"My Style"||Poppy||Titanic Sinclair||2:37|
|10.||"Software Upgrade"||Poppy||Ryosuke Sakai||3:26|
|11.||"Pop Music"||Poppy||Titanic Sinclair||2:45|
"I'm Poppy" was released to digital retailers through I'm Poppy Records on February 14th, 2017, and served as the first single to the album.
"Computer Boy" was released to digital retailers through Mad Decent Records on May 19th, 2017, and served as the album's second single. Poppy co-wrote the song with Chris Greatti, and it was produced by Ryosuke Sakai.
"Let's Make A Video" was released to digital retailers through Mad Decent Records on June 22nd, 2017, and served as the album's third single. Poppy co-wrote and produced the song with Masanori Takumi, Titanic Sinclair, and Ryosuke Sakai.
"Interweb" was released to digital retailers through Mad Decent Records on July 17th, 2017, and serves as the album's fourth single. Poppy co-wrote and produced the song with Titanic Sinclair and Simon Wilcox.
"My Style" was released to digital retailers through Mad Decent Records on September 1st, 2017, and serves as the album's fifth and final single. Poppy co-wrote and produced this song with Titanic Sinclair and Simon Wilcox.
- When "Poppy.Computer" is typed in a web browser's search bar, it redirects you to the Poppy.Church box office to buy tickets for the Am I A Girl? Tour.
- There are physical copies of the album sold on the official Mad Decent website. Buying the physical CD grants the buyer immediate access to a digital download of the album.
- There is also a pink vinyl copy of the album sold at Urban Outfitters.
- It was believed by fans that Bleach Blonde Baby would be the fifth single, however this was later proven wrong.
- This is because Bleach Blonde Baby got a music video, which took a long time to film and edit.
- Poppy stated in an interview that some of her favorite songs from this album are Bleach Blonde Baby, Software Upgrade, and I'm Poppy.
- The outfit that Poppy wears on the cover of the album is the same one worn in her video "Fame Is Important".
- A link "impoppy.com/nowwhat" was advertised on the inside of the CD casing behind the CD, however the link just redirects one to ImPoppy.com. The link's details and planned intentions are currently unknown.
- The song "Rocket Science" was intended to be on "Poppy.Computer", but was later scrapped.